This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SNMP Traps with Orion v9 vs Engineer Toolset

Hi,

I've setup SNMP traps from a Certificate Authority (Entrust CA software application) OID=1.3.6.1.4.1.7143.2.1.

I can see this OID when browsing with Engineer Toolset SNMP Trap Editor but cannot see this OID when I browse with Orion v9 Trap Viewer.

Q1. Do these two applications (Orion and Engineer Toolset) have different MIB dbases?

Q2. If this OID is not in Orion MIB dbase can I still trigger alerts on specific event return codes?

Thanks

1. Yes, the MIBs.cfg file is located for each application as follows:
      • Orion: \Program Files\SolarWinds\Common
      • Toolset v9: \Program Files\SolarWinds\Engineer's Toolset\
      Just copy the MIBs update file to both locations in order to have both applications updated.
    2. I can't say for certain but you should be able to. I'm going off of the fact that you can setup a UnDP poller with an OID even if you can't browse to it.
  • Thanks qle.

I stopped the services and copied the Engineer's Toolset MIBs.cfg to the Orion location and replaced the Orion MIBs.cfg. I can now see the Entrust OID. Based on the date/time stamp of the MIB files, the Toolset MIB is about 6 months newer than the Orion v9 MIB is.

Regards