This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SNMP Trap Interface Status Variables.

Looking for help configuring trap viewer to include the status of the interface in the email alert that associated UP/DOWN traps are received on.

Especially if I can query Managed vs. Unmanaged. I've tried the ${Status} variable but always seem to get the value of "Up" even though the interface is actually admin down or unmanaged. I understand the status is actually a number (unmanaged=6) which is perfectly fine but just need it to work.

pThanks!

• SNMP traps are tied only to nodes in the database.  Therefore the status you are pulling is from the node not an interface. 

• I could perform ${SQL:Select ({variable})} then right? Just can't find documentation on where unamanged/managed SQL values are located.

• You could unmanaged is it's own column in the interface table Interfaces.UnManaged (0 is managed 1 is unmanaged) but I'm not sure how you will grab the specific interface you want from the trap.

• So it almost works using ${SQL: Select UnManaged From Interfaces}

The problem is around your reply, grabbing the specific interface. It always returns the value "False" regardless of whether I manage or unmanaged in Solarwinds.

If anybody has any ideas I'm happy to try. Thanks!!

• No promises here but you might be able to grab the varbind that has the interface name in it and add it to the variable extract.  It might look something like thiis ${SQL: Select UnManaged From Interfaces Inner join Nodes on ${NodeID] = Interfaces.NodeID Where Interfaces.Caption like ${VbdataX} and Nodes.NodeID like ${NodeID}}

Please be aware I'm throwing this out there from memory but if you could get a concept like that to work you are good.  Worst case since the trap does contain the Node ID you could at bare minimum pull in a list of all interfaces in SW on that node and their status.