Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: SNMP Request for EMC CLARiiON Storage

Jump to solution

i couldn't agree more.

i'm trying to create quick high level storage page and pull in overview of EMC and Dell Compellent storage.

sadly, when i do standard and private MIB Walk i see RFC 1213 interface stats (standard RFC1213-MIB) and UCD - University of California at Davis (private UCD-SNMP-MIB).  unfortunately, the private is truncated at 1.3.6.1.4 and what i'm after are:

,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+leaf-tabular.gif dskTotal

,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+leaf-tabular.gif dskAvail

,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+leaf-tabular.gif dskUsed

,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+blank.gif,DanaInfo=www.oidview.com+leaf-tabular.gif dskPercent

don't really care as so much for RFC1213 interface tcp, icmp, udp, snmp, etc packet counts and information.

it would be helpful to have a tabular view with site/compellent and site/emc   TB used, TB total, and % used.

i'll have to be patient, and wait to demo Storage Profiler once Dell Compellent is added.  

btw, it was disappointing when i did the online quote for Storage Profiler and it came back $300,000.  eek  PASS!!!

seems like we'll have to keep logging into two different management centers/consoles (emc/compellent) to get this data.  so much for one pain of glass.  i mean pane.  😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just curious if anyone has successfully tried modifying the snmpd.conf file (disk / xxx and Access Control) to allow the UCD-SNMP-MIBS to report to Orion NPM?  

When I do a private snmpwalk I only see the truncated 1.3.6.1.4 and not the 1.3.6.1.4.2021.9 table I'm after?  More specifically, 1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.8 (Used), 1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.7 (Total), and 1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.9 (Percent).  Is this possibly an Access Control issue?

I understand that Storage vendors are proud of their management software, and don't want to lose a revenue stream.

Found some interesting reading on snmpd.conf topic at http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.unix.net-snmp-users/topics

ADD is kicking in... UCD-DISKIO-MIB looks valuable too.

So much to learn, and so little time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Jump to solution

btw, it was disappointing when i did the online quote for Storage Profiler and it came back $300,000.  eek  PASS!!!

I am going to ping you offline, I am curious to see why this came out at this price.

0 Kudos