Raid Type
Physical Size
Allocated

Each Storage Groups
Server(s) LUN ID

Storage Process Status
Enclosure Serial Number
Onboard Power Supply Status

After that we would be able delve into Disk I/O and performance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: SNMP Request for EMC CLARiiON Storage

Jump to solution

Denny,

Can you tell us how we can get the info what rcahill requested from clariion ? I tried to pull the information from clariion , still not getting anything

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, pulling storage data is notoriously difficult.  They do not follow standards in the way that network vendors do.  The storage monitoring problem is something we're investigating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Please do continue to look into this. We certainly need to be able to manage our EMC setups and having it in our Orion reporting would be tremendously hellpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

We have multiple EMC Clariion SANs and really need this support too! Our SAN infrastructure is growing fast.

All I can get from our EMC, MIB-wise, is management IP up and System name - not much value there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

another one here that would love better EMC SAN monitoring.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

Hi everyone on this thread - we are working on a new free tool that is focused on EMC Clariion. If you would be interested in trying it out or just hearing more - please email me at christine.bentsen@solarwinds.com. 

--Christine

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

As Denny has pointed out, this is not so much an Orion issue, this is all to do with the fact that the Vendor, in your case EMC, has not put the information you need into the SNMP MIB database for you to then use the Universal Device Poller to collect within Orion.

This is a major frustration in this instance and I have seen issues related to hardware where this kind of information is deliberately left out of the SNMP MIB database, as this would mean the vendor will sell less of its own monitoring tools which uses their own proprietory API to gather the data.

Life would be so much simpler if the vendors followed consistent structures - you may for example have found that HP does not put switch CPU and memory in the resource MIB, instead putting this information in the Private vendor branch instead..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Is this something that will be coming to orion with the Storage software Solarwinds aquired?  If so is there any timeframe around this?  We have several EMC products (Clariion is one of them) and growing all the time.  Any update on this would be very usefull.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Jump to solution

Yes, however, in the meantime you can actually download and evaluate the software now by going to tek-tools.com

0 Kudos