This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SMTP - noreply@

Hello - running NPM 2019.4  - when setting up alerts , If I use noreply@xxxxxx.com   as the reply address in configure default mail action   which is the default default  . - although test is successful - green box   - I do not recieve an e-mail  - If i change reply address to e.g   anyone@xxxxxx.com  - success and I receive e-mail - anybody else a similar issue - Is the issue with s/winds , or my e-mai

• That would be something at the SMTP server you're using. If your SMTP server/relay is internal to your company they may have a bunch of restrictions around how you can send email through it, typically for security reasons. Really depends on how whomever set it up, configured it to allow incoming mail etc. etc..

Wishing the best!!
  • thanks for that - I'd spoken with the "SMTP staff " - They couldn't see any reasons for failure , or logged blocked e-mails . I won't lose sleep as changing the reply address seems an easy workaround . Just noting in case anyone else had the same issue .

Thanks again