cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

SMS (txt) notification sent directly from Orion...

...using directly attached modem (GSM)?

Can this be done? If not now then will it be in version 9?

were looking at doing this now but I understand I need to purchase another program first, I'd like to not do this if there is another way or version 9 has it inbuilt.

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
5 Replies

I'm all for as tightly integrated a solution as possible but seriously.....just purchase NotePager, it's $30 well spent.  I'm no expert but if you have any questions on how to use with Orion I'm sure I can help.  If not I'm certain there are a couple of dozen people smarter than I on this forum who can.

For what it's worth, I've not personally heard of any significant change with paging/sms notification in v9.

Brad 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Can anyone please help, were moving to a rotating shift pattern where we have to be on-call, and I want to be able to send SMS to the on-call person using their phone so I need an easy way to go in and change the phone number week to week.

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos

We have it set up to send to a standard email box in our corporate email system, which then has a rule to forward it to the provider's email-to-sms gateway for the phone.  That way you can change the address in a single location, and you have the added benefit of an "audit log" of sorts.

0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

we have that already but it relies on too many things working to work, i.e the exchange must be ok, firewall must be up, ISA must be running, WAN links must be ok, core switches must be ok, and the SMS telstra gateway must be up and running. And the things that it relies on to make SMS's is the stuff I'd really like SMS's on if they fail 🙂

Dave

0 Kudos

But that stuff never goes down, right?  RIGHT?? 😛

Seriously, I've given thought to implementing something like this myself, even if it's a dial-up modem sending text messages through the provider.  Hopefully someone will come along with some answers soon.

0 Kudos