This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SLX requirements for Modules

Is it still the case that if you own the SLX version of Orion that you have to purchase the SLX versions of the modules?   I currently am in a pickle with my boss since Solarwinds *upgraded* all of our modules to be the SLX versions to match our NPM.  

I need the NPM to be SLX, but we cannot justify the SLX versions of the modules.   For instance, I originally purchased APM for $1400.  Now since we were upgraded to the SLX version of APM, the yearly maintenance bill for just APM (which we cannot currently use) is $4000.  Almost 3 times what we originally paid for the product + 1 year of maintenance.   And that is not the only module like that. 

Our yearly maintenance bill is over $10,000 and I only have NPM, NetFlow, Wireless, APM and 4 Engineers toolsets.    That is more than I originally paid for it all.

I do not need the SLX versions of the modules ( we do not monitor that much outside of NPM) but I was upgraded due to having the SLX version of NPM.   Is this still a requirement?  If so, we may have to drop some products. 

Mark Salyer

• Please contact Customer Service (customerservice@solarwinds.com) to verify there has not been a provisioning error with your account.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Is it still the case that if you own the SLX version of Orion that you have to purchase the SLX versions of the modules?   I currently am in a pickle with my boss since Solarwinds *upgraded* all of our modules to be the SLX versions to match our NPM. 

This is true for NTA and VoIP Monitor, but not for APM.

For instance, I originally purchased APM for $1400.  Now since we were upgraded to the SLX version of APM, the yearly maintenance bill for just APM (which we cannot currently use) is $4000. 

This is a different issue.  You originally purchased Application Monitor for $1495.  That product was retired last year.  It is not the same product as APM.  However, customers who were current on maintenance for AM were given an unlimited version of APM with a special (i.e., much lower) maintenance rate as long as they stayed current on maintenance.

So something has gone wrong for your account.  Either you dropped maintenance temporarily or a mistake was made on our end (always possible).  It all boils down to what Elisabeth suggested:  You should contact customer support and sort it out.