Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Runtime Error "481"

Jump to solution

Hi

i cant used none of the EXE file of the SolarWinds, because i get the RUNtime error "481"  Invalid Picture.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Had this issue and found that the disk was full.  Freed up some disk space and everything worked great.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Level 18

I know this is an old thread, but I got this error and wanted to offer another solution:

I got the same error this morning AFTER cleaning up some disk space. It turns out I had deleted a few temp files that my login account probably needed. My clue was that I couldn't even navigate to %TEMP% (at the command line).

After logging off and back on, the problem was resolved.

Again, just for future reference.

Leon Adato | Head Geek
------
"Measure what is measurable,
and make measurable what is not so." - Gallileo

Thank you for the "why" ("couldn't navigate to %temp%"); I logged off/on and rebooted, still could not get report writer to open.

After reading this, I decided to see what %temp% was - C:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\3 - the folder "3" was not there, so I just created it, and it works!

0 Kudos
MVP
MVP

I've never seen that one - what operating system?

0 Kudos

me neither.

Here is the SO and the error

0 Kudos

Are you running any 1.x versions of .NET? If so, uninstall it. You only need 2.x and 3.x libraries.

0 Kudos

is installed but i get an error , because dont find the msi. file

0 Kudos

Uninstall .NET and try again?

0 Kudos

Mr X--thanks so much for chiming in a helping Juan and other members of our community. Not to undermine what you are doing, but I just want to mention to Juan that if it's time critical, he can open a support ticket here and get live technical support. You do have to be current on your maintenance contract.

Again, thanks Mr. X. Juan, let us know if this is time critical.

Happy Holidays,

M

0 Kudos

Marie, no worries. I was just about to suggest the same thing. This install sounds like it's in pain.

0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone.

The error is resolve, but i dont know how. i didnt unnistall the net.

I think somebody was doing something, because many people have access to the server.

We are working to restrict the access.

thanks

0 Kudos

That's fantastic news, Juan. Thanks for letting us know.

M

0 Kudos

Ran into the same issue this morning... Config Wizard fixed it right up.

0 Kudos

Had this issue and found that the disk was full.  Freed up some disk space and everything worked great.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos