cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Running Network Atlas on a workstation

Jump to solution

I'd like to run Network Atlas from my workstation.  Unfortunately, I can't just copy the folder from my server to my workstation to make it work.  I also noticed that in the Advanced Install for Orion there was not an option for just installing Network Atlas (hopefully a feature request can be opened on that).

So, what is the process for loading this up on my workstation?  Thanks!

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 17

Nothing new with the current shipping version, we are working on it.  Can you not run it in compatibility mode?

This worked for me...pain, but good until supported 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Level 12

Yes, that was it.  I just found it in the Admin manual shortly after my post.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Level 7

I do not have that link...

0 Kudos
Level 14

pillitiere,

the option to show/hide the download link is under the "Edit" button on the map resource.

Level 12

If you are running 9.5, ensure your account has Customize views enabled by going into Admin > Account Manager > Select your account > click edit and verify that Allow Account to customize views is set to Yes. 

Now click on Home to go back to your main view and you should see an EDIT and HELP button to the left of your Network Map.  Click on EDIT.  You should see a checkbox that says Show Network Atlas Download Link.  Select the box and click submit.  When the page refreshes, you should see a link on the page that says Download Network Atlas to edit your map.  Click the link to download and then go back and uncheck the box if you don't want the link to be available to all users.

0 Kudos
Level 7

On my installation, the link is there and I can download the Network Atlas app. However, when I try to install it on my remote workstation, it says only Windows Server 2003 is supported. I'm guessing that there is only one version available - that of the NPM server itself.

Are other flavors of Windows supported? I'm interested in Windows 7. If so, where can I find the correct version?

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

We don't support Network Atlas on Windows 7 yet, however, you can try to install it and run it in XP compatibility mode.  It would be the same installer, there is only one installer for Atlas

0 Kudos
Level 10

Any news on Windows 7 support?

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Nothing new with the current shipping version, we are working on it.  Can you not run it in compatibility mode?

0 Kudos
Level 17

This worked for me...pain, but good until supported 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 10

I can run Network Atlas on my workstation, and the polling server.  But...I installed it on a co-workers workstation and he is not able to log into the application.  He has the exact same rights as I do in NPM, so I can't figure this out.  Yes, he has the ability to edit nodes (and do everything else as he's a full blown admin).  He has also tried to log into Atlas from my workstation, and the server and gets the same error.

Help!

0 Kudos
Level 14

jlintner, what is the error message that NA gives him?

0 Kudos
Level 10

"Could not log in.  User name or password is not valid"

0 Kudos
Level 14

if the user name and password used for NA works in Orion, try to check the time on the local machine. If the time between server and client differs by more than 5 minutes, you cannot log in.

0 Kudos
Level 10

if the user name and password used for NA works in Orion, try to check the time on the local machine. If the time between server and client differs by more than 5 minutes, you cannot log in.

The clients and server are all domain members in the same time zone (In the same building..) and yes, the time is accurate on them all.  The other guy gets the same error when trying to login to Network Atlas even on the polling server!  We've tried this in three different places with the same error:  One from my pc; one from his pc; and one from the server.  Every time I can login using my domain account, and he cannot.  Our domain accounts are the same (neither of us have admin rights on the server).

0 Kudos
Level 14

jlintner, is the guy able to log in to Orion website with his account?

0 Kudos
Level 10

jlintner, is the guy able to log in to Orion website with his account?

Yes - he is able to login to the NPM interface without any problem, and he is able to managege/add/change/remove devices.

0 Kudos
Level 14

Then please open a support ticket so we can analyze the issue and help you.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Just click on the "» Download Network Atlas" link below the example map on the Network Summary Home page. If it is not showing click edit on the map resource and enable the "Show Network Atlas Download link" option.

Elias Ortiz Lopez
Networking Support Engineer
Solarwinds Synergy Gold Partner
Iscor Soluciones S.A. de C.V.