cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Running Configuration Report

Dear All,

I need to run a report to find out which routers has been configured with the below commands, can anyone help me on this how to run a report using Report writer

ip http server
ip http secure-server

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Level 12

You would need to be running NCM (Network Configuration Manager) to be able get this. You would need to define a 'Compliance Policy Report' with some rules that look for the strings you are looking for.

0 Kudos

Thanks I was able to do it

We should go to Configs-Compliance-Create a Rule-Add that rule to a Policy- Add that policy to a report, then dont forget to update all and then select your report and run

0 Kudos

I would like to do something similar however I do not know how to have the compliance report export the list of nodes along with vendor/machine type/IP etc.

like you can with report writer.

Can anyone help me out with that?

0 Kudos

You can actually do this in the report writer with a custom SQL query: (Replacing STRING MATCH HERE on the last line with whatever you want to match in your configs)

SELECT

n.Caption as 'DEVICE'

,n.IP_Address as 'IP ADDRESS'

,n.VENDOR

,n.MachineType as 'MODEL'

FROM

Nodes n

JOIN

NCM_NodeProperties p ON p.CoreNodeID = n.NodeID

JOIN

NCM_ConfigArchive c on c.NodeID = p.NodeID

WHERE

c.ConfigType = 'Running'

AND

c.Config LIKE '%STRING MATCH HERE%'

-ZackM

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping you can answer this. I'm very green on SolarWinds. Since the report writer is replaced with the web-based reports, what report would be a good starting point to do the custom query?

0 Kudos

The SQL Query is still valid, so all you would need to do is go to Report Manager via Reports > All Reports > Manage Reports. Then select "Create New Report" and choose Custom Table. From the Selection Method, drop down and select Advanced Database Query (SQL, SWQL). Then insert the query with your code in line 16, then your set.

- David Smith

Thanks for the guidance. It worked. I stumbled where is asked for SWQL/SQL. I mistakenly thought this was SWQL. After adjusting to SQL, I finally got a result vs. an error. This is my first report in SolarWinds.

Thank you for the reply. I will try this.

0 Kudos

handy to know.

There is 1 problem though. I only have about 300 nodes and when I execute the query I get back about 20,000 lol.  (many duplicates)

I think its looking at every config saved?

0 Kudos

Here you go. This should only return the newest running config.

SELECT 

n.Caption as 'DEVICE' 

,n.IP_Address as 'IP ADDRESS' 

,n.VENDOR 

,n.MachineType as 'MODEL'

,MAX(c.DownloadTime) as 'DOWNLOAD TIME' 

FROM 

Nodes n 

JOIN 

NCM_NodeProperties p ON p.CoreNodeID = n.NodeID 

JOIN 

NCM_ConfigArchive c on c.NodeID = p.NodeID