cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Report to find nodes associated with Windows Crendential

Jump to solution

We have an NPM instance where in 'Manage Windows Credentials' there's a credential name assigned to 15 nodes. We're trying to determine what 15 nodes that credential is assigned to. I don't see in web or report writer, a template that could be readily modified to extract this info without having to create a customized SQL query.

I looked in SQL Management Studio and believe I found the table entry, but not sure how to extract it.

Windows Cred where assigned report.PNG

Here it is in the table:

Windows Cred where assigned report in table.PNG

Any suggestions other than my creating a custom query?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Here's the answer  : Create a Advanced SQL Report using the below query or to test it run the below query on your Solarwinds DB

Select Nodes.IP_Address, Nodes.Caption, Credential.Name from Credential

inner join NodeSettings on Credential.ID=NodeSettings.SettingValue

inner join Nodes on NodeSettings.NodeID=Nodes.NodeID

where NodeSettings.SettingName='WMICredential'

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Level 11

Could you to a CSV file, and then somehow import the credential names in the custom property field. For example, create field "WinCred"  and populate it with the results of your query

0 Kudos
Level 12

If all you are looking to do is identify which nodes they are and you only have the one WMI credential, you could simply just navigate to 'Manage Nodes' and change the 'Group by:' drop down menu to 'Polling Method':

pastedImage_0.png

If you want it in a report format or need to differentiate between credentials, then you will need to do a custom query/advanced SQL report.

thanks!

0 Kudos

Here's the answer  : Create a Advanced SQL Report using the below query or to test it run the below query on your Solarwinds DB

Select Nodes.IP_Address, Nodes.Caption, Credential.Name from Credential

inner join NodeSettings on Credential.ID=NodeSettings.SettingValue

inner join Nodes on NodeSettings.NodeID=Nodes.NodeID

where NodeSettings.SettingName='WMICredential'

View solution in original post

This just saved my day. Thanks!

0 Kudos

How could this string be modified to show SNMPv3 credentials associated to node?

0 Kudos

This report is great. Can the caption colunm query element be modified to provide a usable link to the node instead of just text?

Or even better..provide a column where you can multi-select nodes for editing properties to make mass changes to the WMI account settings?

0 Kudos

great thanks!

0 Kudos

Thank you hilbertd21, this would help other thwachers when they are looking for the same

0 Kudos

Hi, mark the answer as helpful or correct if they did help you

0 Kudos

With the NCM credentials, when you delete the credential, it tells you which devices it is still associated with and won't delete the credential.

I don't monitor Windows boxes so I can't test this theory. It may work for you. Just try and delete the credential, and it should come back and tell you what it is associated with. To test it, create a new credential, assign it to a windows device and then delete it. See if it lets you and tells you which device it is associated with.

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  The Delete option is grayed out, so you can't even try to delete it to see what it comes back with, at least in our environment.

Orion Platform 2014.1.0

SAM 6.1.0

NPM 10.7

IVIM 1.9.0

0 Kudos

yep. I got lucky on a hunch and opened one category of devices and found

the creds simply associated with those handful of devices in that

category.

Doug

0 Kudos

Good tip. I'll try that!

Doug