This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report for Average Utilization by Time of Day

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure this out.

I need to create a report that I can run monthly that will average out the utilization by hour of day.  I know that I can create a report that does this for a particular time range (like 8-5 or even 12-1 etc.)  However, what I would like is something like the following:

Device 1

Interface 1

12:00     Average utilization     Peak utilization

01:00     Average utilization     Peak utilization

.     .. So on

Interface 2

12:00     Average utilization     Peak utilization

01:00     Average utilization     Peak utilization

.. So on

Device 2

... So on

Is this possible?  This would allow me to create 1 report across all of our sites showing which hours of the day have our heaviest usage.  So far I have only been able to do this by creating a new report for each hour of the day which is a major pain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi,

how much in the history do you need. the problem is that our maintenance cleans the hourly data each day and summarize them into daily data so after that, we don't have hourly data available to create such report. so the report can't run monthly but probably daily.

• Hi,

I think your desired report is possible. In solarwind polling settings, we can extend the time of hourly statistic retention to xx days. Default is 1 day, I don't remember. In my case I set 45 days, and of course this will take you more disk space. To my opinion scheduling monthly to run this report does not make sense.

To you final purpose, to see which hour in day the interface utilize most, just look at interface chart with time range about 2 weeks. It 's enough.

HTH,