This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report Writer

FormerMember
FormerMember

I am in need of printing graphical reports.  Orion doesn't support that feature.  Is anyone using a report writer other then Crystal Reports?  I'm hoping to use an open source product if there is one that works well with SQL Server and is easy to setup.

• I am looking for the same - SQL 2005 Report Services doesn't seem to a good job on the relationships and some of the Tables are missing (Like NTA).

I need to build reports with several different sub reports from traffic management stats to nta results etc.

• Hi

I'm in the same case, i was ready to open a new topic on the subject.

I have read some old post about the fact to include graph into report.

I wish to know if in the latest version (9.5 SP4) it is possible to include some graph into a report ?

Typically is wish to create a schedule report for specific interface and display multiple graph for the past week.

Some has a solution or something open source or not expensive and easy to use to create better report ?

• I have been running up against this problem as well.  The one thing I have done to get around it is Custom Views.  After drilling down to a specific interface or node graph, I place that graphs URL into a custom view.  If you would like some additional data on doing this, let me know.

• Yes that can be very usefull if you can give me some more information about how you have done this "workaround".

• Most of the data we are reporting on can be found in a graph "somewhere" in Orion.  This may be response time, traffic, availability, etc.  Once you generate the graph you like, you can right-click on that graph and get the "Image Location" URL.  From there, you will need to create the scheduled report.  When you are creating your scheduled report, just set it up to email the URL of that image. 

In most of my instances, I have a group of graphs I want to include in the report (ie all router WAN traffic trends over the last seven days).  For these, I'll create a custom view of all those graphs.  To do this, you first need to create the actual view, and then when in "Preview" mode for that view, you need to edit the section to include the graph URL in an iFrame.  Then just include the URL of that page in the scheduled report.

Hope this helps get you started in the right direction.