cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Report Writer reporting on Network Maps

Jump to solution

How can I get report writer to list what nodes are connected to what nodes via what interface(s) that exist on a Network Map.

Example:
    Network Map: My Field Site
         Device   -   Interface   -   Interface -- Device
      MyServer1 - eth0          -      Port1    -- MySwitch
      MyServer2 - eth0          -     Port1     -- MySwitch
      MySwitch -  Port 5        -    Port1      -- MySwitch2
      MyRouter - eth1           -   Port2       -- MySwitch2

Something like that anyhow.
This way I can easily verify what interfaces are connected where, and determine if there is suppose to be another device someplace.  For Instance, in the above example, I have 2 servers connected to the same port, so there must be either another switch or some sort of passthrough.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Daniel,

I recently posted a screenshot of a new product we are working on. This new product will provide more information about what is connected to what (although not necessarily in a graphical map like Network Atlas). Take a look at the post and tell me if this will provide helpful information. If you are interested, take the survey linked in the post and I will include you on updates as we progress.

Mav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Like the NPM Topology Resource?

0 Kudos

Like from a network map like this,  NPM Topology resource,  I believe we are thinking the same.

Example Report:
           Device          Interface      to       Interface                   Device
 DESBT                    HP NC373i             Slot:1 Port 2   425-24T Switch Stack Bardstown OET
 MP 4000B/LD040B ncmac0                  Slot:1 Port 9   425-24T Switch Stack Bardstown OET
425-24T Switch...   Slot:1 Port 1           Port 2             350F Baystack Switch Bardstown DVR
350F Baystack...     Port 1                     Port 1             Router - Bardstown OET       
350F Baystack...     Port 9                     ncmac0           Aficio MP 2851
CHS Shelbyville...    Ethernet                 Port 6            350F Baystack Switch Bardstown DVR

Something like that.

0 Kudos

Daniel,

I recently posted a screenshot of a new product we are working on. This new product will provide more information about what is connected to what (although not necessarily in a graphical map like Network Atlas). Take a look at the post and tell me if this will provide helpful information. If you are interested, take the survey linked in the post and I will include you on updates as we progress.

Mav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos