This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report Writer reporting on Network Maps

How can I get report writer to list what nodes are connected to what nodes via what interface(s) that exist on a Network Map.

Example:
    Network Map: My Field Site
         Device   -   Interface   -   Interface -- Device
      MyServer1 - eth0          -      Port1    -- MySwitch
      MyServer2 - eth0          -     Port1     -- MySwitch
      MySwitch -  Port 5        -    Port1      -- MySwitch2
      MyRouter - eth1           -   Port2       -- MySwitch2

Something like that anyhow.
This way I can easily verify what interfaces are connected where, and determine if there is suppose to be another device someplace.  For Instance, in the above example, I have 2 servers connected to the same port, so there must be either another switch or some sort of passthrough.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

• Like from a network map like this,  NPM Topology resource,  I believe we are thinking the same.

Example Report:
               Device          Interface      to       Interface                   Device
     DESBT                    HP NC373i             Slot:1 Port 2   425-24T Switch Stack Bardstown OET
     MP 4000B/LD040B ncmac0                  Slot:1 Port 9   425-24T Switch Stack Bardstown OET
    425-24T Switch...   Slot:1 Port 1           Port 2             350F Baystack Switch Bardstown DVR
    350F Baystack...     Port 1                     Port 1             Router - Bardstown OET       
    350F Baystack...     Port 9                     ncmac0           Aficio MP 2851
    CHS Shelbyville...    Ethernet                 Port 6            350F Baystack Switch Bardstown DVR

Something like that.

• Daniel,

I recently posted a screenshot of a new product we are working on. This new product will provide more information about what is connected to what (although not necessarily in a graphical map like Network Atlas). Take a look at the post and tell me if this will provide helpful information. If you are interested, take the survey linked in the post and I will include you on updates as we progress.

Mav