This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report Sorting is incorrect in Web View only

New to creating reports: Me
Issue: Sorting appears to fail when viewed from the Web Interface only.
Details: I've got a report based on a custom poller that is correct in every way when viewed within the Report Writer. My selected fields are NodeID, NodeName, PollerID, PollerName, and Maximum Rate. The only field I sort on is "Maximum Rate, sort descending, function MAX". I'm showing only the Top 10 Records. Time Frame is Yesterday, and I'm Summarizing the Results by Date. I have two groups in this order: NodeName, Summary Date. It's a faily simple setup.

When I run the SQL query within Report Writer, the results are correct. The highest Maximum Rate appears first and is followed descending to the lowest rate - of the top 10. When I "preview the report" from Report Writer I get the same correct result. When I view the same report from the Web interface, I get one or two "Rates" that are out of order.

Is this a glitch? Should I see the same thing in both the Report Writer and the Web View of the Report? It's a pretty simple report. Or maybe it is something else? My poller is returning a rate; that rate is formatted as a Number-type in the report. Is there something I'm missing?

• Well, we got it working. We took the 'sort' off of Maximum Rate altogether. Now, when we run the report in the Web View, we can select the column header over Maximum Rate and it will flip ascending/descending and sort properly. Whatever works....