This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report: Devices in groups / Devices that are not in any group

Hello,

Is there any way to generate a report of devices and the groups to which the devices belong?

And also the list of devices that are not in any group?

• I can not remember how I came to this; but I have a report to show me nodes that are not in a group.

select Caption, NodeID, Nodes.Location

from nodes

where

not Caption in (

SELECT distinct [FullName]

FROM [ContainerMemberSnapshots]

where [EntityDisplayName] = 'Node'

)

I will see if I can come of with anything else. Grouping can be very useful, so knowing the inclusiveness of nodes in a group will make management easier - my issue or challenge for this report is having multiple groupings in some cases.

• Awesome emoticons_grin.png
    Thanks dear, this report will help me so much

• You got it! I'll post any updated versions here as well if I can figure it out.

• Not to be a contrarian, but I solved my grouping issues with one simple realization - there's nothing inherently wrong with having a group with only one member emoticons_happy.png.  I don't have a lot of groups with only one member (three in fact), but it sure made reporting based on groups a lot easier.