cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Replicating ESX Node Details - Icons

Jump to solution

ESX Node details is really great.  I need to replicate i though to consolidate this view in an "all nodes" page.

Hence, I need to replicate via an Advanced SQL query.  I have got all the details now.  Except for the State Icons.

Does anyone know where in the database are ESX state icons located? (what path?)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Unfortunately this is not possible right now. If your custom SQL select returns string values 'Up.gif' or 'Down.gif' than you can set field format Icon and Icon type status and you will see node-like icon. But there is no predefined parser for guest status so far.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hello,
State icons are not stored in database directly but are part of website files. Virtual machine states are located under following (virtual) paths.

/Orion/VIM/images/StatusIcons/Small-vm-poweredOn.gif 

/Orion/VIM/images/StatusIcons/Small-vm-poweredOff.gif

Regards,

Thanks.  I am aware of the path location.  But how can you call the icon when you query for a custom report?  Is there a way to do that?

0 Kudos

Unfortunately this is not possible right now. If your custom SQL select returns string values 'Up.gif' or 'Down.gif' than you can set field format Icon and Icon type status and you will see node-like icon. But there is no predefined parser for guest status so far.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos