cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
familyofcrowes
Level 16

Removed interfces get "stuck" in Orion

When we have interfaces removed from a device we have the following reoccurring event: 

salhqcc6b.perdue.com-unrouted VLAN 908 - VLAN-908- Interface Polling stopped. Could not remap int...

Rediscovery never fixes this.  I have to go into the DB and remove the interfaces from the table.  This seems awefully cumbersome to me.  Is there a better way?  Should this auto correct?

Thanks!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
bshopp
Level 21

Re: Removed interfces get "stuck" in Orion

What version are you on?  We had a defect in 10.0 I believe where we would show events even for removed elements.  This was fixed in a future version.

0 Kudos
familyofcrowes
Level 16

We are running 10.1.   and if you go into the DB the interfaces are there.  I have to delete those in order to clean it up.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
pyro13g
Level 13

Present in 10.1.1 also.

0 Kudos
SamuelB
Level 12

familyofcrowes,

Try this:

Admin -> Node Management -> Expand (+) next to the Node -> Find the interface(s) that are grayed out and click the check box next to them -> Scroll back to the top and select "Delete"

0 Kudos
familyofcrowes
Level 16

I have done this many times with no effect.  When it first started, I told my engineers to do this and they said it didn't work...  naturally I called them names and made fun of them, but had to eat my words later....

I think normally this is the answer, but in my screwed up world , Murphy says no....  :-)

I will open a case since it looks to be an isolated incident.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!!!

0 Kudos