This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Remove NetPath Probe from Orion

How do you remove a NetPath probe from Orion without uninstalling the agent? I've deployed NPM and NTA on their own Orion server, separate from our main SAM server in order to prevent them from impacting each other, and in the process of deploying NetPath Services, I ended up deploying a probe to our SAM server because I didn't have a better place to put it at the time, but I've changed direction and am creating Windows Core servers as needed to netpath probes, so I'd now like to remove the probe from the SAM server, but obviously, I don't want to remove the agent and the other components.

Any advice?

• Elsewhere, I've seen people say to go to Settings> All Settings and select Manage Agents under Product Specific Settings.

I always thought that was for other agents, like SAM or QoE.

It's not really clear whether SAM, QoE, and NetPath agents are all the same thing, or if deleting the Agent also removes historical data. I really would rather re-install the agent, which I know I can download the agent for SAM, and manually install it.

But deleting the agent via Manage Agents did remove the agent from NetPath for me.

• Looking for similar information.  There is always the Database, but that can get tricky.

• From Create a probe:

• Click Settings > All Settings.
    • Under Node & Group Management, click Manage Agents.
    • Locate the probe in the Agent/Node list by its host name, and select it.

You then have the option to delete, edit and choose resources.

HTH

Scott

• The only way I can find without deleting the agent is through the Database Manager.

Connect to the SolarWindsOrion database, Find Netpath_Probes, Execute query and enable table editing.

I wanted to delete a Probe and add it again under a different alias, this was no problem using this procedure.

Remember that the entire Netpath page has to be reloaded before it will reflect the changes done in the datebase.

Regards Jens