This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Remove Custom Property in Node Details Popup

Hi Guys,

is there a way to fine tune what is displayed in the popup that appears when you highlight over a node;

pastedImage_0.png

I thought it may be this field in the custom property edit section?

pastedImage_1.png

But once you have already created the Custom Property, there is no way to deselect it?

If that is the correct field, how can we deselect it?

Thanks

• You are correct, when they added the new tooltip they didn't seem to add any method for removing properties, also it only shows the first 5 properties which means for most people that it would only show the OOTB ones.

This issue was raised at the time the feature was implemented and I don't recall anyone posting a workaround.  I know I looked at making a change in the database that looked like it might fix it, but it seemed like it was going to require me to restart my web services and I just didnt get around to it.

• For anyone else who still happens to have this question, I happened to get asked about this again today by   I took the time to test out how to control these properly.

In the Orion database under the [CustomPropertyUsage] table there is going to be a list of all your custom properties, and one of the usage values is  'IsForEntityDetail' and allowed is 0/1

This needs have the allowed column set to 0 to stop them from showing on the tooltip, and no service restart is required for the change to take effect but probably have to refresh the page in your browser. There is no method from SQL to control the order, it's always going to be in alpha order as that is handled in the application code.

One major thing to watch out for is that if a custom property exists but does not have the 'IsForEntityDetail' row on this table then the GUI will assume the answer is yes, so for out of the box properties, or old ones you may have added before this feature existed it just adds them straight in.  I wrote myself this sql query to get everything in and set the way I wanted

--ensures all node properties have been added to the table
    insert into [CustomPropertyUsage]
    select targettable, name, 'IsForEntityDetail', 1
    from [CustomPropertyMetadata]
    where targettable = 'NodesCustomProperties'
    and name not in (select distinct name from [CustomPropertyUsage] where targettable = 'NodesCustomProperties' and usage = 'IsForEntityDetail' )

--ensures only the 5 or fewer properties I want show on the tooltip
    update [CustomPropertyUsage]
    set allowed = 0
    where targettable = 'NodesCustomProperties'
    and usage = 'IsForEntityDetail'
    and allowed = 1
    --below should be your list of property names you want to keep
    and name not in ('MyCustomProperty1','MyCustomProperty2','MyCustomProperty3','MyCustomProperty4','MyCustomProperty5')