This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Remove Custom Property from Node

This is going to be a noob question but I can't seem to find out how to remove a custom property that was assigned to a node.

I created a custom property with a population requirement and assigned a number of nodes the custom property.  I now need to remove it from ONE of the nodes because the node is no longer part of that application suite.  For the life of me I can't see where to remove the property.

feltonlewis_0-1586797988315.png

I want this box to be empty when I look at the Node Details / Custom Properties for Nodes for that specific node.

feltonlewis_1-1586798111682.png

I'm thinking I'm missing something really simple.

TIA.

• Looks like the custom property is set as a required property, which means that when you add or edit the entity (node in this case) it won't let you unset it, or have a blank / null value. If you go to Settings --> All Settings --> Manage Custom Properties --> Select the custom property you need to change, and click 'Edit'. If it's desired, uncheck the radio-button 'Required property' and click Submit.

In our environment, certain required custom properties aren't always able to be properly filled out so we have N/A in some cases, as we still want it to be required.

sum_giais_0-1586800946070.png

Good luck!

• Sum -

Thanks for responding.  I ended up removing the node and then doing Network Discovery on the node again. 

Also, let me expand on what I did in case this is relevant.  I create a group with the logic of

BusinesUnit_AppName_Environment

so for example ENG_SalesForce_PRD. 

All of the production servers for that app suite were added to the above.

I created a custom property BusinesUnit_AppName_NodeType

so for example ENG_SalesForce_SRV (for all servers).

I assigned the custom property to all of the servers.

What I still cannot figure out is how I could have unassigned that custom property from one server?

Regards,

FL

• You could have done this through manage nodes and selected edit properties on that node.

• You can't remove a required property. If you made the property not required then you can just blank it out.