This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Remote Admin Utility Issues

Not sure if anyone is using this tool or not. It's the Remote Admin suite which basically allows you to run Systems Manager/Report Write/MapMaker, etc. from your machine. The applications basically connects to the server's DB and allows you to make changes without having to log locally to the server.

I've tried on both XP and 2000 to get this to work and I'm not having luck. I run the configuration wizard and it connects to the server DB without any problems.

Once I tried to run Systems Manager it says its connecting to the polling engine and then I get an error :

NetPerfMon

Cannot connect to XXXXXX (server name here)

Everything from an SQL perspective looks fine. I can run SQL Manager and connect and query the DB.

The version of the tool is V7.0.140 December 2003

Anyone have run into this or have it working? Thanks
  • I've heard this Remote Admin tool was to be sold as an add-on to Orion, but I have never seen it. I don't know how you got a hold of it, but I've been asking for this for some time now. I was planning on using this to resolve our LSASS - RDP session issue.

Looks like you are on your own on this one...

-=Cheers=-
    NG
  • You'll have to email support to get a quote. I use a remote web engine on my installation, and it was a little extra. It's especially valuable since the location of my poller requires very strict firewalling.

I have an SLX installation, so I'm not sure if those addons are available for smaller licenses.

// Ian Underwood - Service Management
    // Level 3 Communications
  • If you email Sales they will get you a quote. I worked with support and got the issue resolved. It's about $500 a license.