cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Server Crashed had to load up on a new system with different name though...  Any way to edit the variable in the DB?

 

The Orion website is currently unable to display this page. Orion polling and alerting services often continue running, though this page cannot be displayed. Please take the following steps to attempt to alleviate the issue:

  1. Log in to the website again and navigate to another Orion page, allowing you to isolate the error to this page.
  2. Ensure the Orion services are still running.
  3. Check that your SQL Server is still running and accessible.

Please notify SolarWinds of this error. We will address and help you fix the issue.

Your specific error is:

Identity check failed for outgoing message. The expected DNS identity of the remote endpoint was 'OLDSERVER' but the remote endpoint provided DNS claim 'NEWSERVER'. If this is a legitimate remote endpoint, you can fix the problem by explicitly specifying DNS identity 'NEWSERVER' as the Identity property of EndpointAddress when creating channel proxy. 
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

instead of wasting time on it i just renamed the new server the same as the old.  Path of least resistance.

 

Thanks for the help though

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 12

Assuming the old hostname is gone, then delete the old hostname in AD DNS - I'm going to guess that it's confusing kerberos.

0 Kudos

Any way to fix this. I moved from one server to another, (Hardware Upgrade). The old server was named "cl-orion", and the new one is "orion". But I changed the IP Address of the new server to the same as the old, and took the old server offline. Then moved detatched the databases, moved them to the new and re-attatched.

I get the following error when I go to edit a node:

Identity check failed for outgoing message. The expected DNS identity of the remote endpoint was 'cl-orion' but the remote endpoint provided DNS claim 'ORION'. If this is a legitimate remote endpoint, you can fix the problem by explicitly specifying DNS identity 'ORION' as the Identity property of EndpointAddress when creating channel proxy

I get this when I access the server via https://cl-orion and https://orion

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos

In case anyone else is wondering, when trying to change the primary poller to another server, it adds an additional entry to the "engines" table in the database, resulting in two entries marked as "primary".  This causes a number of random issues as services see the original primary poller first and try to talk to it.  Even with the same IP, it would throw an error because the names didn't match.  There are probably a couple valid ways to fix this, but what we ended up doing was modifying the nodes table to change the polling engine number for the existing nodes to the number of the new poller.  Then in the Settings -> Polling Engines section, it allowed us to delete the old poller as there were no more nodes assigned to it.

0 Kudos

instead of wasting time on it i just renamed the new server the same as the old.  Path of least resistance.

 

Thanks for the help though

View solution in original post

0 Kudos