This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Random Nodes 'seem' to stop polling

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi

Have had a little niggle/problem where  a node sometimes two seem to stop polling, it is normaly triggered by a loss of VPN connection to a site.  When the site returns although the main object icon returns green we get the flashing overlapping GREY icon indicating that the interfaces are not being polled?

The only sure fire way to return the object to normal (that I have found) is restarting the polling engine.

Currently running v9 but i seem to remember it doing same in v8.

Anyone know what is going on ?

Andy

• I am having same EXACT issue and its been occuring since I went to v9 over a year ago.  Like you said..its very random but a poller restart is the only way to get the status back to normal immediately.  Like me I am sure if you do a "List Resources" the interfaces show as up but the polling is the issue...like it just decided to stop for a bit. :-)  If I ignore it for a day or so it sometimes clears on its own.  I opened case 93402 a few weeks ago and I have given them captures but I have not heard back from the developers if they found out what is happening.

• Can someone take a look at case 93402?  The issue is ongoing.  Typically when this happens to me I see that the poller if left alone will slowly grow in Memory usage on the NPM process as if a memory leak.

• Hi,

Have you upgraded to 9.5 yet?  There were some changes to this behavior in the new release.  Please let us know if you continue to see the issue and we can investigate it for the 9.5 code base.

Thanks

• See my latest post on the following thread. Not sure if it applies to anyone else, but maybe it will help someone... :)