cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

RabbitMQ service is not installed

Jump to solution

I was reviewing Deployment Health under My Orion Deployment. I have the error "RabbitMQ service is installed and running" and when I check for a solution I see

"What went wrong RabbitMQ service is not installed"

This is on both my Polling Engines. I tried to search for the issue but any help would be appreciated. Is this normal for a poller or do I need to correct something. I am running NPM 12.5

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

RabbitMQ should only be installed on the Main Polling Engine, i've noticed that particular check as well on several additional polling engines, however, according to SolarWinds documentation RabbitMQ is only going to be present on the Main Polling Engine. Below is the KB article i've referenced.

Success Center

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

stevehhcp  wrote:

I was reviewing Deployment Health under My Orion Deployment. I have the error "RabbitMQ service is installed and running" and when I check for a solution I see

"What went wrong RabbitMQ service is not installed"

This is on both my Polling Engines. I tried to search for the issue but any help would be appreciated. Is this normal for a poller or do I need to correct something. I am running NPM 12.5

You can silence that check, we have a ticket internally to modify that health check.

serena​ just for clarification. Does silencing the check silence for all servers or can you silence it on a by server basis?

0 Kudos

christopher.t.jones123  wrote:

serena  just for clarification. Does silencing the check silence for all servers or can you silence it on a by server basis?

Server by server basis. You can use the filters on the left hand side to get to the check for the particular polling engine you want to silence it for.

0 Kudos

serena​ when I select one engine and silence the check, then look at my silenced checks all my polling engines show up, when I unsilence it applies to all. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos

serena  when I select one engine and silence the check, then look at my silenced checks all my polling engines show up, when I unsilence it applies to all. What am I doing wrong?

Ah I just reproduced the behavior you saw, and the implementation has changed since the last time I looked at it. It looks like it's silencing the check rather than on a server by server basis. I'll file an improvement request to allow for silencing by server. tracking under CORE-13837

Thanks serena

0 Kudos

serena  just for clarification. Does silencing the check silence for all servers or can you silence it on a by server basis?

Good Q; I meant to ask the same thing, but forgot.

0 Kudos

serena​, that is nice to know! Thanks.

0 Kudos

RabbitMQ should only be installed on the Main Polling Engine, i've noticed that particular check as well on several additional polling engines, however, according to SolarWinds documentation RabbitMQ is only going to be present on the Main Polling Engine. Below is the KB article i've referenced.

Success Center

View solution in original post

christopher.t.jones123​, thanks for including the reference!

0 Kudos