This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Questions regarding additional polling engines

Hi, I have a quick question about deploying additional polling engines in my Orion environment. We are currently running an Orion environment for q utility company. We are looking at rolling out Orion monitoring to the some of the IP enabled PLC equipment. The problem we are encountering is that the bridge between the IP environment that Solarwinds lives in and this one is only a PLC. This means that we can not tunnel IP between them. As a work around we are planning to deploy a new poller with a NIC in each environment to allow us to monitor on one interface and be managed/viewed with the other. This would require me to have the functionality to define which pollers will monitor which nodes as only the new polling engine will be able to route between the two networks. This would be similar to how Nagios would exchange information between servers with NRPE. Is this possible with Orion or would we need to purchase and build stand alone Orion installation which its own set of nodes?

I hope my question makes sense. 

Cheers! :D