This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Questions Sales could not answer???

Could some of you out there answer a few questions for me? I am looking at numerous tools for our network and Orion was one I was asked to look into.

1) Can Orion do any type of Hardware monitoring, for predictive failures. (i.e.: Drive C has had x number of errors and may be failing, Insight & OpenView can do this)

2) Can Orion do Application level monitoring? (i.e.: Exchange Server, Oracle Database or MS-SQL Server Statistics)

3) Does anything need to be modified on a server or appliance other than implementing SNMP? (i.e.: Server agent, RMON Agent?)

4) Would any of you be willing to be a referenced Customer? (i.e.: Contacted for recommendations?)

5) What is the typical setup time for a 100 node network? (65+ servers, 25+ switchs, 10+ routers)

Thanks in Advance.

-Troy