This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Question regarding NPM, NCM, and engineer toolbox installation

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi,

I purchased licensed version of NPM, NCM, and engineer toolbox

Can I install these modules on Windows XP first then when my order for Windows Server arrive I will upgrade the Windows XP to Windows Server and reinstall NPM, NCM, and engineer toolbox on the same server?

Thanks.

Hugh

• Engineers Toolset, yes completely support.

NPM and NCM we support on XP in evaluation, but we don't technically support them in production installs.

Is the DB on another server?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bshopp

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for being responsive.  I'm currently running SQL DB on the same server that hosts NPM and NCM trial version.  I haven't update NPM and NCM with the licensed version yet since I'm concerned that I won't be able to reinstall NPM and NCM once I upgrade Win XP to Win Server.

The reason I asked all the questions is that my trial version is expiring on the Windows XP machine.  I downloaded my licensed NPM, NCM, and toolset but my Windows Server purchase has not arrive.

Please give me your advice.  Thanks.

Hugh

• Hugh--

Have you seen the SW Upgrade Instructions? I believe that you can do what you are asking but it's a very good idea to check out the Upgrade Instructions b/c they are very thorough and helpful and will help you with future upgrades as well.

M

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to MarieB

Marie,

Thanks.  I'll be reading the upgrade instructions right away.

Hugh