This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Question on average utilization

On the NPM 12.2, how can you get the the report from NPM the give a summary of average interface utilization within the three months?

• You may be referring to either reports or a detail page:

1. Go to Reports area

2. On the Group by select change to 'Report Category'

3. Select Historical Traffic Reports

4. Identify an appropriate report you wish to base this on, probably Average & Peak Traffic Last Month

5. Go TO Manage Reports and select the report and choose Duplicate & Edit

6. Change the name and the time period to reflect your new value ie. 3 months

7. Save

Node/Interface Details

I tend to create a new sub tab, copy over the chart showing the Today time period to that Tab. From there Edit the chart resource and change the time period to 3 months, together with the title.

Repeat for other charts and name the Tab Historic Analysis. As I say I tend to create a sub tab with a collection of charts showing a longer period of time. This means the default page does not take a long time to process a larger data set and when clicking on this sub tab I am prepared to wait a few more seconds for that data set.

I hope this helps.

Mark Roberts

Prosperon - UK SolarWinds Partners

Installation | Consultancy | Training | Licenses

facebook_icon.jpglinkedin.pngblogger.pngtwitter-icon.jpg