This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

[Question] How to get more info out of Sonus SBC

I'm new to the Solarwinds platform, so I'm a bit unsure how to approach the request I've been given about getting additional info for a Sonus device in our environment. I did a bit of basic searching, but could not find anything that seemed similar enough (in my current level of understanding) to what is needed. Here is what is requested:

"At the moment solarwind does not detect SBC as Sonus SBC or Voice gateway. So to start with Vendor information is not there. Also none of the capabilities of SBC are not there from solarwinds point of view.

For example we like to see ip telephony related information from solarwinds.  Please check the attached MIBWALK and ip telephony area. That lists all the information we need. We also want to analyze any information related to SfB call and voice gateway capabilities. This also monitoring the SfB platform or at least as much as possible with Solarwinds."

mibwalk1.pngmibwalk2.png

I have only really worked with Cisco devices so far, so the only idea I've had so far is creating a custom poller, which I am currently trying to learn how to do. I will continue to look and learn, but if anyone has suggestions for a beginner in the platform, please let me know.

Thanks!

• Hey there, did you have any luck creating your custom poller? I am in a similar position in that I am trying to determine what metrics would be useful for S4B info too. I would suggest running a MIB walk over the device with a view to learning the OID's of what it is you'd like to monitor, then set up custom pollers to poll these OID's and maybe set up thresholds to alert on? I am getting an error with my MIB walk of the devices though 'Error during walk an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format, Extra info: error decoding packet'

Anyway let me know how you got on as I am intersted to see how you are monitoring Sonus SBC.

Cheers and good luck!

• I've been using this to poll for current calls -

There are five available OIDs on the SBCs to monitor the VoIP traffic. These objects only store statistical information about calls, not the speech of quality. The statistical information that these objects store is: current active calls, the total amount of calls processed, the total amount of calls refused, the total amount of errored calls and lastly the total amount of blocked calls. These OIDs resides in the MIB: “UX_callstats”. These OIDs uses indexes where each index represents a port. The OID uxPTCurrentCalls stores the amount of current calls active on the device. The OID value for uxPTCurrentCalls is: “1.3.6.1.4.1.177.15.1.5.1.2.1.5”.

• Does it work with sonus SBC 7000?