cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Pulling serial numbers - OID for HP's or IBM's?

Jump to solution

I have been assigned with getting extended warranty on hundreds of boxes and the majority are in locations all over the place.

As a result I have been on a quest to find the serial number OID's for your standard DL360G5's, 380's and IBM's of all ages.  I thought this would be fairly easy but my Google skills have failed me.  Where can I find these?  Anyone have it setup already?

Funny how finding fan speed and power supply status was easier.. 🙂

Sorry in advance if this is a repeated question, it must be.. I just can't find it.

1 Solution
Level 13

You sure can....

JB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Level 13

HP:

Model 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.2.2.4.2

S/N 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.2.2.2.1

Dell:

Service Tag 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1.300.10.1.11

JB

Level 9

below mention oid is not working on HP router MSR 930 and 954

S/N 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.2.2.2.1

0 Kudos
Level 15

This post are 2009, now the new last version NPM Show all OID informations.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I am using NPM 11.5

0 Kudos
Level 12

Thanks JB!!

You are a lifesaver!!! Thank you!
Cheryl

0 Kudos
Level 8

JB, sweet.. thanks that helped me retrieve the info from the HP's I needed. 

I am now presented with a couple other challenges.. when I assign the custom polling engines values I can't put it in a table..  but only add it as a gauge / chart!  Don't need to chart the Model number!  🙂  I figured oh well.. I will not see it in the chart, I will put it in the report... but I can't add a custom polling value in the reports?

So the second challenge is M/T and serial # of IBM's.. we have one of each, for examples 8840-55U, 8840-41U, 8836-4MU etc etc..

Sorry for the newbie questions..

0 Kudos
Level 8

Cool!!!  Its still very sad but at least I am on the right track now, thanks again!

Doesn't sound like anyone can pull IBM SN's in this manner eh?

Thanks again!  Have a good weekend everyone.. Broken

0 Kudos
Level 8

Now at the risk of breaking the record for the most questions asked in one thread, are you able to add those Universal Device results into custom reports?  If you can I will find a way.. just wondered if you could?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Level 13

You sure can....

JB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 9

Hello I saw the HP and Dell, does anyone have IBM?  I am looking to get status on IBM hardware components like  Processors, Memory, Disk Drives, Power Supply, and get the OID for serial number.  If anyone can help that would be great. 

Thanks

Level 13

I don't think we can find any MIBs for your request,both forum and online search.Could you install this snmpwalk tool to run a complete snmpwalk to your IBM device.

The snmpwalk results would show the MIB to its left and the corresponding value to its right.So by looking from the results of the MIB(on the right) you could find S/N,processors,memory,disk drives etc.If you could find the data then its corresponding MIBs is what you need now.

Point to note is if the snmpwalk does not show the data then there is no specific MIB available hard-coded on the device to pull the data.Then its something which the IBM needs to answer.

Install this SNMPWALK tool on the Orion installed server and then scan to get the SNMPWALK results which will be directed to a notepad.Make sure the snmp walk is complete and doesn't get timed out.Best practice for snmpwalk to not get timed out is to run from the Orion installed server.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Looks like I got some good information.   Thanks

Level 13

Have you included the Universal Device Poller Resource on the node details page?

JB

0 Kudos
Level 8

JB, thats pretty cool!  Man, look at all the work I have ahead of me!  I should be able to figure that out, will let you know when I find it!

0 Kudos