This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Props for Tech Support

I performed a clean install of NPM 10.6.1 several weeks back on a new server.  It went terribly wrong.  While running through the wizard I got stuck on an update to our SQL database.  I contacted Tech Support and they said delete the offending entry and try again.  That worked but then another step along the way failed.  After spending a number of hours working with Scott (l won't last name drop) we determined we would go back to version 10.5 and then upgrade from there.  Installing 10.5 led to the same problem with the database.  A backup was restored which introduced a whole new set of database issues.  We ended up restoring from a database that was 2 weeks old.  We got 10.5 to install but then ran into a licensing problem.  Scott worked with the Licensing Dept. to get the license released so we could continue.  I had to wait until the next day but Scott kept me up-to-date with the progress.  The next day we tried to license 10.5 but couldn't.  The built-in license manager crashed everytime you launched it.  The stand-alone license manager stated that there were no Solarwinds products on my box to license.  Another goto meeting and license reset later Scott got 10.5 to license.  We then upgraded to 10.6.1 with no issues.  I just want to say thanks for the patience and troubleshooting from Tech to get the new system up and running.  Keep up the good work.