This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Product evaluation criteria?

Network admins, 

When you evaluate a network monitoring solution, what are the features you look for? What magical calculations do you do to determine this is the winner for you? Let me know your thoughts, because we're looking at packaging proposals, and I would love to get you looped into these discussions so you can help shape these potential ideas! 

serena_0-1592527102940.png

• I feel like the network admins I have run into during my days in the wilderness were mostly interested in ease of setup and use.  I get all excited about learning SWQL and writing custom scripts and getting way in the weeds.  Network admins, as a general rule, were much less excited about any of that stuff.  They want to be able to set the tool up and let it do its thing with as little complexity as they can get away with so they can return to their real job on a CLI somewhere.

• That makes perfect sense!