Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Procurve MSM710 Wireless Controller not showing in NPM Wireless Tab

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have a single HP Procurve MSM710 Access Controller (formerly Colubris MSC-5100) and 5 HP Procurve MSM422 Access Points (formerly Colubris MAP-625) and I am not able to view any details in the NPM Wireless Tab in NPM 10.1.2 SP1.

I have gone into settings >> Views by Device Type and the the Device for the MSM710 as Wireless Controller.  When I view the Node Details, I get the error 'Wireless Device was not found in database!' in both the 'Controller Details' & 'List of Thin Access Points' areas of the Node view.  If I go to the Wireless tab in NPM I don't see any information regarding APs or Clients.

I have submitted the MIB file for the MSM devices to support and have they have added them to the MIB file.

Is there a way to get this information to show?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi,

I just want to repeat that this functionality (HP MSM760/765 native support) is now available in NPM 10.4 RC - we are listening.

thanks,

Michal

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hi,

I just want to repeat that this functionality (HP MSM760/765 native support) is now available in NPM 10.4 RC - we are listening.

thanks,

Michal

View solution in original post

So very happy to have this!!!

0 Kudos
Level 11

The only way I've been able to get info on controlled APs and clients has been to use universal device pollers and display them in the node status page of the controller.  MSM750 and about 50 MSM422s.

0 Kudos

Hi, I am also interested in getting the NPM to view my HP procurve MSM controller but I have the same issue as Greg. Can you share your solution? What OID you are using and how did you get it to the Wireless network module of the NPM.

Thanks
Dan

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, like Jon pointed out the only way I have been able to view this information is by using the universal device pollers, I downloaded one from Thwack at  this at least allow me to see some information in the Node Details page.

According to a post from 10/2010 on Thwack, the Wireless tab only currently supports Cisco & Aruba, which is really too bad.  I am not sure what needs to be done to try and get support for HP.

0 Kudos

I am working on this as well.  I've developed a number of UnDPs that come up with some useful information on the node details page for the MSMs (works for MSM765, MSM760, and MSM710); but am struggling with getting useful information in any kind of coherent view or get appropriate alerts for managed-ap-down events.

I think we need to form an HP/ProCurve/Colubris support group.  At least we can get group therapy for our frustrations!

This issue has been open for a *long* time with SolarWinds.  ~~grumble-grumble~~

0 Kudos

Hi karltbraun,

I sent you an email yesterday. Can you (or anybody else) send a mib walk of the 765, 760 and 710 taken with this procedure (53484).

We are hearing the frustration. Tks for input.

Please download and install net-snmp from http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/
It doesn’t matter what machine do you install it on, as long as it reaches the device.
Run this command from “installation directory/bin/”: snmpwalk -v 2c -c public -O netU 127.0.0.1 1 > output.txt
(change the IP address and community string accordingly)
Pack the file output.txt into zip archive and send it.
0 Kudos

Hi fcaron, Not sure if anyone has sent you these walks yet, but if not I'm happy to provide for the MSM730 and MSM760. We have dozens of controllers and hundreds of HP (ex colubris) access points so we'd very much like to see support for the HP/colubris gear.

Thanks

Barry

0 Kudos

Whiteb, all,

Agreed native support is desirable, and no, I have not received any walk.

You can send via email to me direct (you can do that via Thwack or by using francois.caron@solarwinds.com).

I will add this to the existing requirement and keep an eye on its popularity.

Others, interested in these HP MSM's, voice your opinion in this forum, and in the meantime, you can try the karltbraun UnDP's

Thanks to all.

0 Kudos

I am also interested in the support for the HP MSM's (760). We recently deployed numerous WAP's that I need to monitor.

I installed Karl's undp but I keep getting "Wireless device was not found in database!" under the node details page under Active Wireless Clients & Access point errors.

Not sure what that is about.

0 Kudos

You won't get it in the native NPM views - you will have to add the undp resource to the page (Customize Page link in upper right, add resource, find your undp and add).

0 Kudos

Where is the resource located? I've been trying to add them to mine but haven't found where the resource is.

0 Kudos

Actually let me back up. I added the poller but the information that i'm seeing is... not what i'm looking for. All it is displaying is just numbers, not IP addresses, host names etc.

0 Kudos

I've got two MSM's deployed and would be interested in the option to view under 'Wireless' as well.

0 Kudos

FWIW, I've submitted some UnDPs that work well with MSM-760, MSM-765, and WSMs.  Search for ProCUrveMSM-KTB01 (sic) in the submissions.

Note that this brings up useful information on the Node Details page of the MSM, not in the expanded interfaces for the MSM on the managed nodes page, which is what we really want.

0 Kudos

Karltbraun, thank you very much for your posting of the UnDP's.

I've pasted the direct link here to facilitate access:

0 Kudos