This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Problem with the web console admin login

Hi alls,

I am new guy here. I having some problem with the web console admin login. i complete the installation and i found out that when i enter Admin on Login page (web console) .

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

You do not have permission to access this view. 

But, when i enter using Guest it will go into the site.

Here is my Orian Version..

Orion Version 8.1.0 - June 2007

System Manager Version 8.1.3

Orian Network performance monitoring Engine 8.5.1

if any problem.. pls advise me soo i can do some changes..By the way, when i want to update the orian file... it prompts out the DOS windows and display  "waiting to stop the Orian" and  when after few try it display "error" and i know is unsuccessful update. So what is the problem..

• .........................................................................................

if any problem.. pls advise me soo i can do some changes..By the way, when i want to update the orian file... it prompts out the DOS windows and display  "waiting to stop the Orian" and  when after few try it display "error" and i know is unsuccessful update. So what is the problem..

Could you clarify on what you were attempting to do here with the Update?  As for the permissions error there are several things to verify.

Verify that you are logged in as Local Admin-and not Domain Admin.-

Also in Computer Mgt.-> verify under Local Users and Groups (rt. click properties) and compare the Guest account (that is working) to the Administrator acct for any differences in permissions-

• Let me write down what i had purchase.

1 - Orian NPM V8 SL250 Version 8.5.1 Oct 07

2 - Solarwinds Engineer's Toolset V9 version 9.2 Oct 07

3 - Orian Wireless And Application Monitoring Version 8.5

4 - Solarwinds Standard Toolset V9

and there are several Services and HotFixes need to be done.

Orion HotFixes for v8.1 -> when i press inside a lot of update file "Orian Hotfixes 1 .... 5 soo i press each of the file giving by them. ( so should be ok or nope)

Orion HotFixes for V8.5 i also do the same thing.

Orion 8.5.1 SP2

Netflow Traffic Analyzer Hotfixes for v2.1

Netflow Traffic Analyzer Hotfixes for v2.2

NetFlow v2.2.1 Latest Service Pack

The problem are some of the services and Hotfixes when u update it say error. Then, I close the Orion and it still the same. So i when to check for the task manager i found out that some of the Orion service run on the background. So what should i do? should i End Task them in order to run the update. Is it the update unsuccessful will come out with Web Console problem?

So on the previous post i written out the Version. hopefully u can know is it i get the latest on or nope.

And My client they Using windows Server 2003

Their Server are HP Blade. So there ask me to install in one of their server. As for the permissions error i will try using the solution u give. hopefully it can work. Otherwise, my client keep asking me a lot of question.

• and there are several Services and HotFixes need to be done.

Orion HotFixes for v8.1 -> when i press inside a lot of update file "Orian Hotfixes 1 .... 5 soo i press each of the file giving by them. ( so should be ok or nope)

Orion HotFixes for V8.5 i also do the same thing.

Orion 8.5.1 SP2

Netflow Traffic Analyzer Hotfixes for v2.1

Netflow Traffic Analyzer Hotfixes for v2.2

NetFlow v2.2.1 Latest Service Pack

The problem are some of the services and Hotfixes when u update it say error. Then, I close the Orion and it still the same. So i when to check for the task manager i found out that some of the Orion service run on the background. So what should i do? should i End Task them in order to run the update. Is it the update unsuccessful will come out with Web Console problem?

Do not install the Netflow hotfixes if you do not have Netflow. From your purchase list it appears you do not have Netflow. Also there is no need to install the Hotfixes for Orion version 8.1- if you have 8.5.1.

Could you post a screenshot of this error the next time you see it? In the Reply press-> Options tab- ->Upload file, so we can help determine what exactly is occurring.

• Thx friend,

After i reinstall the version NFM 8.5.1 at last can access without update all the services and hotfixes. I really careless cause i think whatever they give i need to update.

Another Problem i would like you to help me..

SQL server

first of all is a new installation so i configure the Orion.. as u know it will ask us to go for database setting. Due to my client they want to put their database in another server, so they create a database and with SQL server authentication login and password. During the Orion database setting we jsut put the database name and login name and password (SQL server Authentication)and configuration success. But, the problem is when i go to Start->Solarwinds Orion->Database Utilities->Database manager i try to connect to the server database with login and and password but it cant connect? what the problem or mistake i make during this setting.. or the database must within the same server or what..?

Pls Advise me thx..

•  Could you post the exact error you receive when you try to connect to the DB?

• Dear sir, 

The Error msg will be something like this (Cannot Connect to your SQL server on "MYSQL\VB2") so what the problem?

why during the database setting configuration, when we enter the SQL server authentication it can access. The Solarwinds database, we create first at the SQL server 2005 and giving the SQL server authentication access.

Then, when i use the solarwinds database manager it cannot access to the solarwinds database.

Pls Advise. Thx 

Regards,

david

•  Could be an issue with name resolution on the server.  It  could be several issues really. Verify that you are logged in as local admin.

One suggestion is to go to Administrative Tools > Services > SQL Server, right click on SQL Server, and select Properties > Log On. Within this window, select the "This Account" option, and enter an account that has local administrative rights. Restart the service and then try to reconnect to the SQL Server.
    Knowing the exact error message would be helpful- Does it look anything like this?

• Dear sir,

I write down the problem with the attachment hope u can help me soving this problem regarding the Solarwinds database manager. (Zip file)

thx

Regards

david

Solarwinds database manager problem.zip

•  Another Problem i would like you to help me..

SQL server

first of all is a new installation so i configure the Orion.. as u know it will ask us to go for database setting. Due to my client they want to put their database in another server, so they create a database and with SQL server authentication login and password. During the Orion database setting we jsut put the database name and login name and password (SQL server Authentication)and configuration success. But, the problem is when i go to Start->Solarwinds Orion->Database Utilities->Database manager i try to connect to the server database with login and and password but it cant connect? what the problem or mistake i make during this setting.. or the database must within the same server or what..?

Pls Advise me thx..

David-
    From viewing the screenshots it appears your customer needs SA credentials to that remote server- can you  verify this with a DBA?
  • Dear sir,

Want to ask u something question related to the database as u post to me. As usual we know that solarwinds got the configuration wizard to help us to do the database setting to create a database and asking us to create a login ID and password. IF the database administrator they create the database name "Solarwinds" at the central database and provide us the login ID and password and when we configurate wizard we just put what even it create at the central database. SO will this affect the connection because of different Data Table.

Or iz the permission problem.?

Pls Advise.

Regards

DAvid