This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Problem with custom scaleable device icons

Hi all,

A few months back I created a set of icons for Cisco switches, with the up/warning/down icons. I used map maker to create the map, and everything looks fine (still does). I logged into the website for monitoring, and created a page and custom map etc, and all was working well. I've come back from a 2 week Chrissy break, and now half the custom icons on the web page appear as circles.

If I assign another different custom icon, reload it, it works. If I reassign the one I want, it turns back to a circle.  Mind you, it's only a circle on the web pages, not in map maker. Map maker show's what I want just fine.

Orion Version 8.5.1 - Oct 2007.

My question is, how do I get the web page to display the custom icons the same as what it did over the past few months.

Thanks

• do you have more than one web server?  The Icons have to be on each individual web server (locally) you are running.

• Thanks for your response.

No, I only have one Web Server.  It runs on the same system. It is IIS.

I didn't actually set the system up, a previous person did.

The website is on a different drive.

Can someone explain to me how Orion NPM pulls the custom icons from the main directory under program files to the website directory?  I am still unsure as to why it would work fine for a few months, and then stop working. I'm going to schedule a restart of the IIS service.

• I restarted the web service, but it's still not displaying correctly.

The image on the left is also a custom icon.  In map maker, it displays correctly, and has been working on the web site for a while now, but then one day, half of the custom icons turned into circles.

• this happens, when the process cannot access the icon file - the file may be missing, corrupt or the process just not have appropriate access rights. All the images used for maps are usually stored in c:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\Maps. I hope this helps...

• Hi Michal,

Sounds logical.

I scheduled a restart of the server overnight, and this morning I found that all my icons are back working fine. Strange!

Thanks all for your suggestions.