This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Problem with Windows Pass Through authentication after assigning a hostname to the Server IP binding in IIS7

I have been struggling with this for days now and can't seem to figure out what the problem is. My Solarwinds server is some crazy standard server name that the company has set in place, makes it really hard to remember. So I created another hostname in DNS. I go into IIS7 and go to bindings and assign this hostname to the IP binding by FQDN. When I try to access the web console, I get a login box. If I remove the FQDN from the bindings and just use the IP address of the server, it works just fine. I have forms authentication disabled and windows authentication enabled. What is it about adding the FQDN to the binding of the server that makes it not work?