This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Previous IOS in report writer

Hi all,

I have created an inventory report for the various different bits of kit we look after i.e. Cisco, Nokia etc and their currernt OS release. One thing that would be quite nice would be to have the report display the previous code as well as the current code like you get when Orion emails you at the point of the code being upgraded. Does anyone know how to do this in report writer? My hunch is that this information is lost after the device is upgraded and therefore not held anywhere in the database.

Cheers

John
  • You'd have to create a separate report for this.
    The data you are looking for is stored in the Events table.
    You need to make sure you are keeping the network events data for the duration of the report you want to run.
    I have set mine to flush after 370 days.
    Here is a query which I have copied from a built-in report I created to show Changed IOS images over the past 12 months:

SELECT Events.EventTime AS Event_Time,
    Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,
    Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address,
    ( STR(Events.EventType) + '.gif') AS EventTypeIcon,
    Events.Message AS Message

FROM
    Nodes INNER JOIN (Events INNER JOIN EventTypes Events_EventTypes ON (Events.EventType = Events_EventTypes.EventType)) ON (Nodes.NodeID = Events.NetworkNode)

WHERE
    ( EventTime BETWEEN 37758 AND 38125 )
    AND
    (
    (Events.Message LIKE '%IOS image%')
    )

ORDER BY 1 DESC

-=Cheers=-
    NG