This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Port Specific monitoring

I'd like to monitor a selected port on objects rather than just one, so visualy we see what's failed on the object rather than the object displaying down etc?

When I connect the objects (network links) with a line it only allows me to select one entry to monitor.

E.g on object 1 Port 1/0/24 and on object 2 Port 2/0/9 - in this example, 24 and 9  being uplinks, but rather than the link showing down, which we can see and found out that it's either the switch etc, but this would show in the first instance that it's port 24 that has failed?

Thanks

Lee

• Lee, it can get a little messy if you're talking about a lot of ports on your map, but you can drag the actual interface you want to add to your map from the node list.  Just expand the node and drag and drop the interface you want to add to the object on your map.  In your example, from object 1 in the node list, drag port 1/0/24 and add it to object 1 on your map.  Do the same for port 2/0/9 on object 2.  Then you can draw your network link between the two ports.

Hope this helps.