cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Polling of APC ATS (Power transfer switch)

Anyone having experience wih polling data from a APC ATS ???

By defauld NPM does not know the MIB for this..       so before i start buiding custom pollers i would like to know if anyone had already done so..

And maybe the MIB for these device could be included in the next version/sp

bg.

Brian Ibsen
TeliaDanmark

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Level 13

Yes, 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.8

Would you like me to post my custom pollers to the content Exchange?

JB

Level 8

Yes.. please..  that would be nice

0 Kudos
Level 13

Here they are....

JB

Level 8

Thanks for the file...

How do i get Orion to preset the result of Redundandy state ??
I can see that the poller is set to Enumeration and has the correct map values.

But then i chose "web display" for that poller i can only select "gauge" and that doesnt seam to work.

I just like to preset the "redundant" or "Not redundant" in node web page...

0 Kudos
Level 13

I don't use Universal device Poller to add a resources to node details pages.  I do it manually;

Logon as admin and go to Manage Views

Select your Node Details view or whatever view your using (I have one called "Infrastructure Details")

Click the add buttion (+), open Node Detail Reports and select Universial Device Poller Status and add it

JB

0 Kudos
Level 8

Works fine..  but...   input voltage returns 2 values...   and is desplayed liek this..
Is there a way to display both values..  or can i split the poller in 2.. one that uses the firs value and one that  uses the scond value??

atsInputVoltage 2 value(s)

11:16

0 Kudos
Level 13

Yes, That is correct.  ATSs have two inputs, to monitor them you need to use a Tabular Universal Device Poller resource.

JB

0 Kudos
Level 15

Hi,

Orion does not poll custom MIBs except when it is hard coded in the software (e.g. to retrieve an interface name on some CatOS switches). Adding your MIB will not change the way Orion works. For most of the devices Orion only polls the Standard MIBs such as the SNMPv2-MIBII .

Adding a new MIB to the Orion MIB database is useful when you need to browse the MIB tree while creating your UnDP in the case you are not sure about which OID you will poll, or to decode specific SNMP traps.

Some users have shared APC Universal Device Pollers in the Content Exchange Zone:

Network Performance Monitor

They might do what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Yann

0 Kudos
Level 8

Cool..

If i have the MIB file..  where do i make ORION load it so it will use it when adding new hosts/elements etc.

0 Kudos
Level 13

0 Kudos