cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Polling engine not updating very frequently

We had a DC migration in the near past and post that i have been seeing polling engines not updating properly. Have been getting alerts for polling engine not updating very frequently and also Node not polled alerts. Once i restart the services on the engine, i get a CLEAR alert.

What could be the reason for this? Have raised a ticket with support for this too.

7 Replies
Level 16

check the Application logs for any timeout error thrown for connection from Poller to DB. Also check your memory and CPU resources for the poller having the issue.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Here are the details about the one that is down frequently, and it turns out to be the primary.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos

Can you login to your Primary server and go to

C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\Orion

then find the most recent BusinessLayerHost.log

What does it say?

0 Kudos

I would be curious as well as I am starting to see more and more of this on one of my additional pollers - recently started happening form what i can tell

0 Kudos

malasherv What do you see from settings -> polling engines? I'm asking for all of the metrics you see on that page from "polling completion" down to "total job weight", as well as "last database sync". All of that data should be provided here and then people can instantly tell you if you've overloaded your server, etc.

Before we get to "What is the cause?" we need to understand your environment to some degree, thus my questions.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Sure- Case # 988586

0 Kudos
Level 13

Can you share the ticket number here?

0 Kudos