cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 9

Placing Liebert UPS information inside solarwinds

Im struggling in trying to get solarwinds to see the same information that our Liebert UPS system is seeing. I read on an article that it needs to be monitored via SNMP V1 so I imported using that. The main values I want to see are

Battery Temperature, Battery Capacity, and the phase voltages. I can see them when I log into the web interface of the Liebert but I only see the battery charge % when it comes to solarwinds. What would I have to do to get these values monitored?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Placing Liebert UPS information inside solarwinds

If the device supports it, you should probably move to SNMP v2c because it supports operations like "get bulk" which are more efficient. That said, it's probably not the reason you aren't seeing the values you want.

While some UPSes are supported natively, many require that you set up Universal Device Pollers. This link will get you started with the specifics:

Create a Universal Device Poller (UnDP) in the Orion Platform - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and ...

The good news (if you've had to do this in other tools) is that you don't have to import MIBs or compile anything. NPM will simply collect the values for you.

If you get stuck, come back to this thread and we'll all try to "unstuck" you.

😉

Leon Adato | Head Geek
------
"Measure what is measurable,
and make measurable what is not so." - Gallileo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I saw this article earlier

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-31432

Do you know which device poller to use to see those fancy graphics?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

0 Kudos
Level 9

Thank both of you gentlemen for your replies. I tried the first to links you've sent me with no luck. Correct me if Im wrong but the Universal Device Poller should let me know if any of the objects inside the Liebert were recognized by the package and imported? Because when I tested them they didnt work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

First, I think we're both assuming you are using NPM, right?

Second, you have to be on the actual SolarWinds polling engine

Third, you start the "universal device poller" application

From there, you would download the file in that post (https://thwack.solarwinds.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/31432-102-1-1511/Leibert.CustomMIBPol... ) and import (File, Import) it into the Universal Device Poller application.

The poller(s) will show up in a folder on the bottom half of the left side of the screen. Select one of them, right-click, and choose "assign" and follow the prompts from there.

Let me know where in the process you're getting stuck.

Leon Adato | Head Geek
------
"Measure what is measurable,
and make measurable what is not so." - Gallileo

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

The following thread lays out many of the details for APC UPSs, which are equally applicable to Liebert UPSs. The only difference is the Universal Device Poller used.

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-12909

Highlighted
Level 13

aLTeReGo

Is there a feature request to pull this data into Solarwinds like the new APC UPS polling introduced into NPM 12.3?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

aLTeReGo​ are there any plans for Lieberts to have the same built in functionality as the APC UPS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

bharris, this is, unfortunately, not something that we're currently working on.

0 Kudos