This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Permissions!

Urgh....

Where to start with this....

IT Security have asked me to ask this, so here goes.

We have a whole host of SolarWinds Modules installed and running.  They are available to all within the IT Department, providing I have added you to a specific group.  IT Security are worried that there isn't enough granularity to the permissions structure and want to see about watering it down, please see example -

2 Groups -

SolarwInds RO - Read Only - No admin/node/report Management rights, they can basically see the console and look at the data.

Write Permissions - This would be a group that had all the rights but to a specific Machine Type for example.

User - Adam

Adam is in both groups. IT Security want Adam to see all the data and get as much information as he can, read only from the system. But Adam is the Main Network Admin and requires Admin Right to all Cisco Products.

Is this even possible within View Limitations etc.

This is an AD Integrated system, both groups are in AD and Adam is an AD Object.

Help....or tell me no its not possible.

They are basically worried that by having Node Management Rights, which some IT Staff need, will allow them to unintentionally turn things off...