This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Perf Stack - View Resource Series Max?

G'morning all (and )!

I'm trying to put a perfstack resource on a view, but it's only showing six of the eight metrics I have in each block. Is this a view resource limitation? Is my website borked? Whose pants are these?

Performance Analyzer:

PerformanceAnalyzer.png

PerfStack View Resource:

PerfStackViewResource.png

• What version are you running?

I've got a script monitor that returns 7 metrics (not 8 like yours) and I put them all on a single chart (technically, this is SAM data, but I don't think that matters for this discussion).  It shows both in the PerfStack standard view and the widget-based view.

PerfStack_Analysis.png

PerfStack_Widget.png

For your reference, I'm running Orion Platform 2020.2 HF1.  What exactly are you graphing?  Maybe I can try and replicate it.

If you need help upgrading to the 2020.2 versions, we have lots of help available on THWACK to assist.  Let me know how I can help out!

• It's Peak CPU Usage (or Peak Memory Usage) for 8 web servers that all back a single website. I've put both into a view resource and the same two servers in the middle are left out.

I'm currently running Orion 2019.4 HF5. I've not moved ahead with upgrading because I have yet to validate that the new widget creation mechanism fully supports multi-tenancy and view/account limitations.

• So, strangely enough I'm seeing the same issue with the map resources. In the map viewer I'm able to see all dependency arrows, but when I put it into a view, only 6 sets of arrows are rendered. 

Map Editor:

MapEditor.png

Dashboard View Resource:

MapViewResource.png

 Any ideas  ?

•  I have been unable to reproduce this with average CPU / Peak CPU metrics, as   states the actual metric-type shouldn't matter.  What type of view are you adding the perfstack widget to? Have you checked there are no View limitations defined which would hide these missing nodes?

The data used for widgets in the modern dashboards are all SWQL driven and so will respect the user limitations applied to the account viewing them. Happy to discuss more if you need further info to help with the upgrade.

• Thanks for the response.

These are all servers that fall under the same account limitations as those in the maps and are visible in the node tree when I log in as this user. The view is a basic Summary view. It's strange that a similar rendering "limit" is being imposed on the map resource.

• What is the account limitation configured for the user you are logging in with?

• It's set to use a custom property value. I see the same though when I log in as full admin. There are a number of "wonky" things in my UI though, so I'll probably just throw this into that file and wait for the ability to upgrade. 

image.png

Annotation 2020-08-20 073152.png