This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Percent Utilization reporting incorrectly

I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this problem, as I've hit a dead-end with SW tech support.

I'm monitoring the outside interface of a Cisco ASA 5510, on which I've enabled the Custom Bandwidth setting, as we have a dedicated 50 up / 50 down circuit.  The utilization percentage currently shows as follows:

Receive     Transmit
      Interface Bandwidth      50.0 Mbps 50.0 Mbps
      Current Traffic      4.574 Mbps 571.523 kbps
      Percent Utilization      46 % 6 %

Now, I'm no maths major, but I know that 4.574 is NOT 46% of 50.  The problem may be that when this interface was originally setup, the dedicated circuit was 10/10 and the Custom Bandwidth setting reflected this as well, until we upgraded to 20/20, and now to 50/50, but the percentage of utilization frequently reports as if the Custom Bandwidth setting is still configured as 10/10.  This is quite frustrating, especially since I have alerts generated if the percentage of utilization is at or above 80% for more than 10 minutes.

Short of deleting and recreating the interface (losing all historical data), has anyone else run into this and found a fix?