cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Palo Alto sub interfaces

Hello!

This may belong in the NPM section, but since I'm trying to see subinterface traffic with NTA, I'll post it here.

We have a PA 2020 running software 4.1.7 and sub interfaces do not show up in Orion.  I noticed my Cisco gear does recognize sub interfaces.  Am I doing something wrong, or is there some sort of compatibility issue with PA and Orion?  Thanks for your advice!

9 Replies
Level 9

This looks to be fixed in the newer 7.x firmware releases of PanOS.  They still haven't added ARP table polling in SNMP. 

0 Kudos
Level 10

I'm having this issue as well, but PA support states that NetFlow on sub interfaces is supported from v6.0 and above.  Here is the link.

I'm running v6.0.9, and NTA v4.1.2, and I cannot choose my sub interfaces in NTA, only the physical.

John L.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I'm having the same issue as well. Ours is PA-500 version 6.1.10 and NTA 4.1.0.

0 Kudos
Level 9

You must be running 7.x PANOS at minimum in order to get any sub-interface statistics via SNMP.

Extended SNMP Support

Level 9

Thanks akrekic11​ for this information.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anything come of this? We have a customer who has configured Palo Alto to send flow data to Orion, but again this is for sub interfaces.These do not appear in the MIB ifTable and therefore are not available to add to Orion under List Resources. This means that NTA is unable to correlate the data because the interface index value is not available.

thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Level 7

+1 I have the same problem.

0 Kudos

Hi,

please make a SNMP walk (how to do that:http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/3145/SolarWinds+SNMP+Walk%3A+A+new+tool+for+collect...) and send it to me directly.

thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos
Level 15

This sounds like more of a problem with NPM not recognizing the sub-interfaces so I've moved it to the NPM forum. I'm not aware of any issues with or support of sub-interfaces on Palo Alto. More than likely we would need to look at an SNMP walk of the device to confirm.

0 Kudos