This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

PSU alerts

I am trying to create a catch-all alert that sends an email if a PSU goes down. With the current trigger conditions, it will email if the status of anything in the "Power Supply" category is not equal to "Up", including items that have a equivalent status such as "Normal" or "On". If I create conditions that include "Normal" or "Up" it will trigger on the others.

I would like to alert on actual PSUs and not objects in the "Power Supply" category. They don't always have the same name(Power Supply 1, FEX-157 Chassis 3 PS 1 PWR-C2-1025, Power Supply Module, V: 0.75v R0/21, etc.....)

Example: If status is not equal to "Normal" it will trigger on "Power Supply" objects with the current status of "Up"

Is there a better way to go about this?

Attached is a screen shot of my current trigger conditions.trigger conditions.png

: FEX-157 Chassis 3 PS 1 PWR-C2-1025