Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Orion Website Error - SolarWinds.Orion.Web.UI.LicensedResourceControl

Jump to solution

Hi,

We recently built a new Solarwinds NPM/NCM Server. After a reboot we're now experiencing the following error when loading the main web page.

The type initializer for 'SolarWinds.Orion.Web.UI.LicensedResourceControl' threw an exception. 

It appears as if other web pages are working fine.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Arthur

1 Solution

We got it working, but I cannot say what was fixed.  The error was occurring at logon time.  Eventually we rebooted both the Orion server and its associated SQL server.  That actually seemed to make it worse, but we found some Services that were not starting automatically.  Started them, still not OK.  Rebooted the Orion/NPM server again and things synched back up. 

(Our SW/Orion guru recently moved on and the Left Behind team is still trying to figure out little details that only he knew.) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Level 17

Issue here is tied to the Last XX syslog Msgs section that shows on the page, as removing it brings back the view, the issue then is finding the item to readd to each view.

Anyone found a way to put that back in place without having to stop services to run the NPM Config Wizard?

0 Kudos
Level 9

I have the same error msg.  Our server was fine until it ran out of disk space.  We cleaned up, restarted, etc. 

Now some users are fine, while some get this message. 

0 Kudos

We got it working, but I cannot say what was fixed.  The error was occurring at logon time.  Eventually we rebooted both the Orion server and its associated SQL server.  That actually seemed to make it worse, but we found some Services that were not starting automatically.  Started them, still not OK.  Rebooted the Orion/NPM server again and things synched back up. 

(Our SW/Orion guru recently moved on and the Left Behind team is still trying to figure out little details that only he knew.) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I ran into this same issue this morning after I rebooted my server to apply patches. I waited about 45 minutes after the reboot to allow the NPM baseline to finish, and then I was able to restore my web functionality by simply stopping and restarting the “World Wide Web Publishing Service”.

0 Kudos

I know this is an old thread, but it shows at the top of a several searches I did when I had the same problem. I hit this issue when the VM Host that Orion is running on lost power. The fix for me was re-running the configuration wizard for NPM. I told it to just configure the Web site, and I left all the settings the same. It went through the process of setting everything up again with the same settings and then it worked. 

Level 8

OK, found the solution. It was because for some reason I had re-installed NCM, and the Syslog stuff was using the NCM Syslog instead of the NPM Syslog. After a reinstall of NPM all appears fine again.

This just happened to me as well, any indication as to what causes this problem?  As far as I am aware nothing changed on my system and all of a sudden I am having this problem.

Removing the Syslog resources from all pages seems to have resolved the problem but I want to be able to add those resources back but am unable to.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos

Hi byron--

I'll mark for Brandon to review.

M

0 Kudos

Was any solution to this problem found? I have just encountered a similar issue and not sure how to fix it other than removing the Resource. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi byron--

I'll mark for Brandon to review.

M

Thanks Marie!  I have also opened a ticket on this and will be sure to post anything I find from that avenue as well.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Also determined that it also happens with the "Last XX Syslog" messages list. Need to see if I can find a way to display my Syslog messages, since there doesn't seem to be a built in report anymore. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Level 8

I've just determined that was a resource (SNMP Traps List [Syslog]) on the page that was causing the error. I've removed it, but I still would to figure out why it was doing this.

0 Kudos