This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion View Limitation on Network Summary not applying?

NPM 10.1

Ive created a Custom Property Called DSN  on the nodes table and filled it with TEMPLATE (as we plan to keep a default copy of all CustomPollerAssignments in the database but will allocate them to a dummy polling engine).

So now i want to hide them from the default Network Summary home page.

Logged in as Admin

Created a new group called EverythingButTemplates which has s Dynamic Query added called no templates and this is

DSN IS NOT TEMPLATE

This previews OK.

Assign the Everything View limitations to ANYTHING - USER, Network Summary Screen and it still shoes everything?

Am i doing something stupid?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• One thing to keep in mind about the preview is even if you have account limitations the preview is viewed as the user that is logged in not as the user you are configuring with the limitations assigned.

So if you are logged in as Admin and you were locking down an account called Tom you won't see the restrictions assigned to Tom.  There is no view as to completely simulate your preview.  

• Yeah, i tried new accounts, Admin account, re logged in.

Nothing - Still shows all nodes.

In the last 200 events its says the Group is up and  it has 'Lost' 10 members (which are the 10 TEMPLATE nodes i presume.

WHen i click on this event it takes me to a page that shoes the Orion Website Error saying i dont have permission to view it!

I'm ADMIN!!

• I've just checked on a instance of NPM which has NTA 3.8 on in it.

It looks like you can create the Dynamic Queries but you cant apply the Single Group to any View Limitation.

Have you guys removed it when you install NTA?

This is highly annoying! Please advise ASAP.

• Can you please advise what has happened to the Single Grouping on View Limitations?

For NPM 10.1 It doesnt work

For NPM 10.1 + NTA 3.8 its been removed!

• Hi Wesdev--

I have this marked for a PM to review.  You should get a response soon.

Thanks
    DH

• For what it's worth...I'm affected by this as well. Does anyone know of a way to add multiple limitations to a view?

I'd like to have my view limited by 'ONLY this group of interfaces on ONLY this group of nodes'. I can do this with the account limitation, but it doesn't appear to have the AND statements in for the view limitations. I tried adding them to a group and limiting by said group, but it displays ALL interfaces.